Bon Appétit….! I was so much excited when Sherien asked me to make something special for her readers to share so i selected my two very interesting and delicious recipes …thou its very difficult to decide and select a recipe for a fellow blogger…lol.Amongst the other few blogs that I consistently read, Sherien’s blog is the kind that instantly draws you in. Simple way of explaining recipes and very tempting and lip smacking pictures.
You should look around at some of her delicious recipes here: SheriensBookbook.com
While thinking about what to give Sherien for featuring on her blog, my mind went to a very delicious and different recipes. Traditional with a Twist.
CHANA DAL/ GRAM LENTIL KARHAI:
CHOCOLATE GULAB JAMUNS:
Do me a favor will you? Head on over to Sherien’s site to read the entire post here: http://sherienscookbook.com/chana-dal-karhai-chocolate-gulab-jamun/ and then explore it a little bit more because she creates such refreshing beauty with her writing and real food recipes!
Thanks so much for letting me share my thoughts on your site Sherien!
“Cooking requires confident guesswork and improvisation– experimentation and substitution, dealing with failure and uncertainty in a creative way”
Creating a recipe is not an easy job….a lot of hard work and experimentation is involved in this, my recipe today is also a creation but not mine…..lol. Its a creation of my Teacher…Chef Ashok Kumar Raj.I have tried this recipe and simply loved it…:)
First i am giving you my Teacher’s recipe and then i will give you my own version blended with my teacher’s creation…:)
|Vanilla icecream||a large pack
|Gulab jamuns||as requried
|Chocolate syrup||as needed
|Coffee granules for making bitters||1 tsp
|Chat masala powder||1/4 tsp
|choco flakes||for garnish
- Take or make small gulab jamuns of very small size then freeze them.
- First make coffee bitters by roasting coffee granules on a pre heated pan. They will become black and more bitter.
- Take a transparent glass or bowl then pour Chocolate sauce inside the walls of glass, rotate to coat syrup .
- Keep the ice cream on heated place /near stove so that it can be soft enough to take a glass shape.
- But hard enough to support jamuns so that they do not sink in the ice cream.
- Add a spoon full icecream to the glass and then add 1-2 gulab jamuns ,now sprinkle chat masala or mango powder and coffee bitters , again add icecream and then gulab jamuns.
- Keep on layering till reach top of the glass and increase number of jamuns as you go higher.
- Last layer of ice cream should be lumpy and your jamuns should be half sink in ice cream.Freeze this.
- Sprinkle coffee bitters, chat masala powder and choco flakes ,before serving.
- Enjoy this super tasty dessert.
I have followed Chef’s instruction but instead of using bitters, i have used cocoa powder because i don’t like bitter taste of coffee…:) in my picture you will not see choco flakes but believe me the crunchi flavor of flakes will enhance the taste of your dessert.
AINY’S TWIST IN THE RECIPE:
|Strawberry Ice cream||a large pack
|Gulab Jamuns||as needed
|Strawberry and chocolate sauce (Hershey's)||as needed
|Chocolate flakes||for garnish
|Chat masala||to taste
|Cocktail fruits ||as needed
- Freeze jamuns for 2-3 hours.
- Soften ice cream by keeping it near stove ,keep an eye carefully as soon as starts melting , pour chocolate syrup on inner walls of glass and rotate it.
- Now pour spoon full of ice cream in the glass and place 1-2 jamuns , pour thick strawberry sauce and then spread cocktail fruits generously then chat masala, again pour ice cream and then again repeat the step till reach the glass top.Keep in freezer to set.
- On the top pour chocolate syrup and choco flakes.
- You can sprinkle coffee bitters and chat masala on top layer before serving.
A HAPPY EID MUBARAK….
Wishing A Very Happy Eid Mubarak
To You And All The Muslim Brothers
Around The World
Both Here And In Far Flung Places.
The Peace And Grace Of Allah Rest
Upon Your Shoulders And Bring You A Contended And Very Happy Eid.
Eid Is A Time To Think About
Our Good Fortune And Prosperity
And To Spare A Thought For Those
Less Fortunate Than Ourselves
And To Pray That Once Again,
Allah Will Provide For All Our Needs In The Days And Weeks Ahead.
May Allah Bless All Of Us With His Peace,
And May He Watch Over Those Less Fortunate,
Those Who Suffer And Are In Pain Or Distress, And May He Bring Comfort
To Those Who Mourn,
And To All My Muslim
Brothers And Sisters Around The World,
A Very Happy Eid.
I wish A Very Peaceful, Joyous And Happy Eid
With this wish i have bought a very different style doughnuts for you, i made doughnuts with my basic recipe and then make patterns of mehndi with chocolate (just melt cooking chocolate fill it in a cone made from butter paper and start making beautiful patterns). Isn’t it easy and interesting…:)
you can check the recipe of doughnuts here:
And yes, you can make these hands with cookie dough or gingerbread dough
also.I am sure your kids will love these.As my Son Ali asked me to trace his hand on dough..lolz
This super easy recipe is a blessing from my mom , i saw her making this when i was a small kid, now i am making this for my kids….:) This colorful and time saving recipe you can add in your Ifftar Party Menus or can add in your Eid Menus.I am sure you will like it….
|Dessicated coconut||1 cup
|Powder milk||1 cup
|Condensed milk||6 tbsp
|Crushed pistachio||as needed
- In a large bowl add all ingredients and mix well.Roll them and set aside.
- I have used colored coconut for coating .You can take 2 tbsp dessicated coconut in a zip lock bag and add 2 drops of food color of your choice now shake it well , roll your coconut rolls one by one and wrap them in a colored paper or cling wrap.
- Enjoy these easy coconut rolls…:)
This recipe i am sending to http://www.sajustastes.com/ for Ramadan Recipe contest.
A very easy and simple recipe, this is my guarantee your family will love this sweet treat…:) .I created this recipe with mango and believe me the taste of mango and chocolate will give you a very unique taste.
|Puff pastry||1 packet
|Nutella/chocolate sauce||1 cup
- Thaw puff pastry and dust flour on surface then roll with rolling pin to make a thin flat circle.
- Grease tart pan or mini pizza pan ,cut puff pastry with round mug or cutter .
- Place this on tray and poke with fork.
- Brush egg wash on outer edges of pastry and bake till pastry puff up and become golden brown.You can make small s
- Let it cool down for a while then spread Nutella or can use chocolate sauce on the pastry ,keep this in fridge until set .
- Just before serving top this tart with mango cubes and serve.
- You can dust icing sugar on top also.
CHOCOLATE SAUCE RECIPE:
In a saucepan add cooking chocolate 1 cup and cream 2 tbsp,Let it melt completely and then pour on pastry shells.
This poem is dedicated to all Mothers on Mother’s Day…
“I’ve copied you, Mother
My words echo your voice
You’re my shining example
The one of my choice
Not thinking about it
I’ve copied your style
The way that you walk
The way that you smile
You fashioned my dreams
You painted my hopes
I’ve learned to make knots
At the end of my ropes
We all learn to love,
But not from a friend
I learned your strength
And when I should bend
Mom, you’ve mapped the way
To Heaven above
By teaching me kindness
By teaching me love….”
My mother was an expert at making yellow colored zarda, but i have learned to cook this from my Mother in law(Two mother’s…. my treasure). This zarda is very famous in Punjab, normally people use Zarda and Pulao combination in parties or other special occasions.
|Rice (basmati)||1/2 kg
|Sugar||1/2 kg or to taste
|Nuts (pistachio,almonds,raisins) ||as needed
|Glazed fruit and orange peel ||as needed
|Khoya /ricotta cheese||1 cup
|Yellow food color||1/2 tsp level
- Soak rice for 1/2 hour .
- Boil water and add yellow food color ,cardamom ,then add washed rice and cook till boiled but one kani left ,drain water and set aside.
- In a pot add ghee/oil and cardamom,cloves let them crackle and add sugar in it add 1/2 cup water also .As soon as sugar melts add rice and cover with lid.
- let them simmer till water completely evaporates,then add all nuts and khoya (can use ricotta cheese as well).
- Before serving mix all.
This salad is a very refreshing and tasty choice for your coming party. Combination of fruits and jelly will attract everyone.
|Vanilla instant pudding mix||1 packet
|Cream ||1 packet/1 cup
|Orange jelly||1 packet
- Make pudding according to the direction given on box, pour in a bowl and keep in refrigerator till hard.
- Now beat pudding with a whisk until soft and smooth in texture.You can add sugar on this stage according to your taste .I have not mentioned in my ingredient’s list but if you want to add then feel free to add icing sugar in it.Even you can add prepared jelly(in liquid form) in pudding and mix well.
- Mix whipped cream and all fruits ,fold .
- Decorate with orange jelly and keep this in refrigerator for 1 hour before serving.
- Enjoy this simple but delicious salad .Even this can be your dessert as well.
I was so excited when a very good friend of mine, Rafeeda asked me for a guest post on her blog “The Big Sweet Tooth“. I took it as an honor, she asked me to share Pakistani Traditional recipes and I selected a very popular sweet of Pakistan “Zarda”. Sweet rice dish with a lots of nuts and dried fruits. There are several variants of Zarda, but this I have learned recipe in Punjab. Colored Zarda or Rainbow Zarda here is a popular festive and celebratory sweet. So give it a try hope you will like it.
Click the link below and check out the recipe …:)
RECIPE OF SHAHI ZARDA..
In the end I would like to thank Rafeeda for her kind invitation.
“Merci mille fois”…
I am sending this to Recipes Passion Event