This recipe is an inspiration from Chef Noureen (Masala channel). I saw her recipe of Loki Qalakand and because carrots are in season so I decided to swap loki(bottle gourd) with carrot. The basic recipe is the same. I am thankful to the chef whose sweets recipes I am trying (thou twisting her recipes a bit in my style…lolz) and always get a very good result.
|Sugar (caster)||3/4 cup|
|Cardamom powder||1/2 tsp|
|Clarified butter/ghee||2 tbsp|
|Red food color||pinch|
- Boil shredded carrots with red food color and drain water .
- In a pan add carrots and half sugar stir it till well cooked. Set a side.
- In the same pan add ghee and khoya, stir constantly and add cardamom powder. Mix well, add remaining sugar and mix well. Set aside for few minutes.
- Mix both carrots and khoya. Pour in greased tray and leave it overnight or in summer keep it in fridge for 5-6 hours.
- Cut pieces of your choice.