My mother used to make these makki sweet tikkias. I always loved the sweet taste of jaggrey/shakar. These are very easy to make and very nutritious .In Pakistan you can easily get maize flour from any shop.
|Maiz/ makki flour||2 cups|
|Jaggrey / shakar||1 cup|
|Dessicated coconut||1/4 cup|
|Nuts (almonds,pistachio,walnuts)||as needed|
- Sieve maiz/makki flour and set aside.
- In a pan add shakar in 1 cup of water, let it dissolve and strain this as well.
- Add cardamom, coconut, nuts and knead flour with shakar water, set aside.
- Now roll the dough to make a thin flat circle/roti and cut with doughnut cutter.
- I made small balls and then roll them and fried using 2 tbsp oil.
- Fry on medium flame and when become crispy and golden place on paper towel, serve hot.
- You can add powder sugar if you want to increase sugar according to your taste
my mother used to make this specially in winters……i miss food cooked by her. may god grant her high place in heaven and she lives in peace…………….ameen……….she died last year from cancer:((
oh,Neelam…same here sister.I miss my mother too.May Allah grant both our mothers high place in jannah, ameen.Sum ameen…:(