Gajar ka Halwa/Carrot pudding is a famous and most favorite desert made across Pakistan during winter.Heated thick dried milk (Khoya) is added in Halwa to enhance taste. This is a traditional dessert of Pakistan and everyone loves to have it with tea.Enjoy this traditional Pakistani Dessert.Gajjar Ka Halwa is also a commonly used worldwide dessert with many variations such as Red Velvet Halwa, Carrot and Beetroot Halwa, and Cheesy Carrot Halwa. Being a combination of milk and carrots it is known as Milk Flavored Gajjar Ka Halwa but in the other case, the combination of khoya and carrot is described as khoya flavored Gajjar ka Halwa.
Last year i have posted recipe of Gajar halwa on Stove but today i am sharing this instant method of making dessert. Now no need to wait for a long time just gather ingredients and traaaaaa….in 10-15 minutes your Halwa is ready…:)
|Grated Carrots||2 cups|
|Ghee/ butter||2 tbsp|
|Milk powder||1/2 cup|
|Sugar||1/2 cup or to taste|
- Mix carrots, Cardamom seeds and ghee/butter in a microwave safe bowl,cover it and microwave it for 2-3 minutes.
- Add milk and sugar, mix well and cover it again and microwave it for 5 minutes, stir with a spoon and again microwave it for 3 minutes.
- Now add milk powder and again microwave it for 1 minutes then mix it and give 40 seconds.
- You will see ghee separates from the carrots.
- Garnish with nuts and enjoy quick and instant Gajjar ka Halwa.
so easy!!! i must try this then!
Thanks Raf…sure do try it n let me know about ur experience…:)
the way u presented Gajar halwa is quite innovative, i dot think has any one ever done it in this way 🙂 must visit my place Gajar ka halwa when time permits.. Happy new year to you n your family 🙂
Thanks friend, sure will visit you….:)