Huh! Childhood memories. I still remember Kondas at my friend Saher’s house, her mother was an expert in making Pooris, tarkari, kheer and Tikkiyan. Tikkiyan I always love to eat. Here is the recipe which I have learned from my Relative Nusrat Mati. Recipe is very easy and you can keep dough in freezer or fridge for a week. Even I have experimented by putting tikkiyas in freezer after cutting them in shape and place on a plastic sheet. Freeze. Just thaw before frying.
Watch my Video for clear understanding:
|Poppy seeds||1/4 cup or 2 tbsp
|Sesame seeds||1 tbsp
|Fennel seeds||1 tbsp
|Brown sugar||1/2 cup
|Baking Soda||1/4 tsp/ pinch
- Add all ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Knead with water or milk.
- Set aside for few minutes.
- Dust flour on surface and roll the dough.
- Cut rounds from cutter or cover of bottle and fry. I cut them in diamond shape. In my video I have demonstrated, so you can check it in video.
- After frying place on paper towel and let it cool.
- Enjoy with tea.
Nan Khatai one of the very famous cookies in Pakistan and Khalifa naan khatai is most famous brand here. This recipe is such a big hit In Khalifa naan khatai , desi ghee is used but if you do not have than use normal ghee. I have posted two recipes of Nan Khatai earlier. You can click the links below to check recipes.
My mother’s Naan Khatai recipe
Shiren Anwer’s Naan Khatai recipe
|Sugar (grind it)||3/4 cup -1 cup to taste
|Desi Ghee/ Dalda ghee||1 cup melted
|Ilichi/ cardamom powder||1/2 tsp
|Baking powder||1/2 tsp
|Egg yolk ||1
- In a large bowl add sugar and ghee, beat well till creamy.
- Now add flour, cardamom powder and baking powder. Beat again.
- Add crushed almonds. Use your hand to make a smooth dough.
- Make balls of equal size, place on baking tray and press from center with thumb.
- In egg yolk add a pinch of orange food color. Mix well.
- Apply yolk on each khatai and sprinkle pistachio and almonds.
- Bake in pre heated oven at 180c for 15-20 minutes.
- Leave for 5 minutes after baking.
- Store in air tight jar.
French hearts are light and tasty biscuits, you can easily make them if you have puff pastry at your home. Try them today and inspire your family 🙂
|Puff pastry||as needed
- Roll puff pastry as thin as you required.
- Now roll pastry from both sides towards center, cut slices and place on baking tray.
- Press each piece from your palm.
- Brush egg wash on each pastry and sprinkle granulated sugar. Lightly press it down.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180c till done.
I am grateful to one of the most talented lady who is an excellent and innovative chef, I have tried a number of recipes of Moon Zohra, which turned out really delicious. Thank you Moon Zohra for accepting my invitation to write a guest post for my readers and providing me delicious and different recipes 🙂
I am posting her first recipe soon will post her two more recipes 🙂
CHICKEN TIKKA CHEESE MUFFINS WITH MASH POTATO FROSTING
Yield: 12 muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup boiled shredded chicken (any leftover chicken you can use)
- 1 tea spoon white cumin
- 1 table spoon lemon juice
- 2/3 table spoons yogurt
- 1/2 tea spoon salt
- 1/2 tea spoon black pepper
- ( salt n pepper will add to your taste buds)
- 1/2 cup grated cheese (I like to mix cheddar with mozzarella)
- 1/2 cup mixture of chopped capsicum and Onion
(you can mix chopped mushrooms or grated carrots too)
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped coriander
- 1 chopped green chilli or chili flakes
- 1/2 cup melted butter (125 gm)
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tea spoons leveled baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Grease the cups of your muffin or cupcake pan.
- Take a bowl , mix shredded chicken with tikka masala , yogurt ,salt n pepper , lemon juice. Set a side.
- In a large bowl, sift/sieve the flour, then add all the dry ingredients (chicken mix , cheese, capsicum, onion, coriander, chilli, salt and pepper etc). Mix them together so they are evenly distributed in the flour.
- In a spearate jug, add the three liquid ingredients (milk, butter and egg). Lightly whisk with a fork to combine. Now pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Do NOT over-mix as this will make the muffins chewy.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups and bake for 15 minutes or until skewer stuck in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the pan and allow them to cool slightly.when cool pipe mashy frosting on muffins ,drizzle little bar b q sauce over them n serve ☺
MASH POTATO FROSTING
- 2 boiled potato
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tea spoon salt
- 1/4 tea spoon black pepper
- 1/4 tea spoon garlic paste
- 2 table spoon mayonnaise
Mash potatoes, then mix all ingredients very well .make smooth frosting .then fill in piping bag with open star tip .
Frost your muffins .drizzle bar.b.q sauce over and serve 😊
Bakery biscuits are very famous and my readers requested me to share my tried recipe. I am sharing video and recipe of chef Arshad Ghafor. As usual well explained and inshAallah will come up with an awesome result.
|Icing sugar||100 g
|Condensed milk||50 g
|Milk powder||50 g
|Vanilla essence||1 tsp
|Cocoa powder||2 tbsp
|Melted chocolate||1/2 cup
- Preheat oven at 150C.
- Add all ingredients in a bowl and beat on low speed first, let all ingredients mix and than increase the speed.
- It will take 2 minutes. Now keep dough in refrigerator f0r 10-15 min.
- Now fill in pipping bag and drop on baking tray.
- Dip a small spoon in flour and press cookie down from center. In the center fill in any jam for jam biscuits.
- Bake them at 180c for 10-15 minutes.
- If you want to make chocolate biscuits, you just need to add cocoa powder 80 g and reduce flour 80 g.
- Melt chocolate and place a small drop on baked biscuit. I have used Nutella.
- You can prepare Icing for chocolate biscuits as well. Icing sugar 100g, cocoa powder, 30 g and water 30 ml, mix all well and use as chocolate biscuit icing.
- This is the basic recipe you can make any type and kind of biscuits from this recipe.
- You can take help from this conversion table as well.
This recipe is very simple and delicious, I have used oil which made these cupcakes light and soft. You can make cake with the same recipe. You can bake these cupcakes with your kids too because this is no fail recipe. I enjoyed baking with my niece Hadia Mati, who is enthusiastic young chef, She is just 9 years old but very energetic chef 🙂
You can check more recipes of Cupcakes, just click the link below 🙂
WALNUT CHOCOLATE CHIP CUPCAKE
RICH CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
|Flour||1 and 1/2 cup
|Sugar||1 cup, grind it
|Baking soda||1 tsp
|Hot water||1/2 cup
- Preheat oven at 150c. Grease cupcake liner.
- In a bowl sift flour, baking soda, sugar, cocoa powder and salt.
- Add water, essence, oil, vinegar in flour mixture and mix well with hand whisk.
- Pour into cupcake cases and bake at 180c till done.
- Ready to serve 🙂
- Use topping of your choice.
These cupcakes are super delicious and beautiful. Baked by Rubina Amjad. The way she decorated them with Pakistani FLAG inspired me a lot. She is running her online bakery you can visit her page, Cakery Sweet.
Her recipe was selected in Top five recipes in Vim foodie contest.
Flour 1&1/2 cup
Sugar 1&1/4 cup
Butter 1/2 cup
Cocoa powder 1/2 cup
Water 1 cup
Baking soda 1 tsp
Baking powder 1/4 tsp
Salt 1/2 tsp
1. Preheat oven at 180c.
2. Sieve Flour,baking soda,baking powder and salt.
3. Mix cocoa in warm water.
4. Beat butter and sugar till creamy, add egg one by one and beat well. You can add vanilla essence if you do not like egg smell.
5. Add flour mixture alternating with cocoa warm water mixture, mix on low speed.
6. Arrange cupcake cases in muffin tin and pour batter in it.
7.Bake at 180c for 15 minutes or till done.
8.Let them cool down and prepare icing.
Chocolate Buttercream Ingredients
Butter 1/2 cup
Icing sugar 3 to 4 cups
Vanilla extract 1/2 tsp
Cocoa powder 1/2 cup
Salt 1 pinch
1.Beat butter, vanilla and salt. Add icing sugar and beat well.
2.Add cocoa powder and milk 1 tbsp, beat again. You can add 3-4 tbsp milk but depends of consistancy of butter cream. Do not add 4-5 tbsp at a time add with intervals.
3. Fill butter cream in piping bag and use 1 M nozzle to decorate cupcakes.
4. Make flags with fondant and decorate cupcakes.
This no fail recipe is from Martha Stewart’s cookbook. I have made these for my friends yesterday, just to celebrate spring. Decorated these cupcakes with fondant Flowers to give SPRING THEME.
- Flour 1 and 1/2 cups ,level
- Sugar 1 and 1/2 cups sugar, grind it
- Cocoa powder 3/4 cup
- Eggs 2
- Baking soda 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Baking powder 3/4 tsp
- Butter milk 3/4 cup
- Warm water 1/2 cup
- Oil 3 tbsp.
- Vanilla essence 1 tsp
- Pre heat oven at 150c and grease cupcake tray.
- Sift dry ingredients and add all wet ingredients one by one.
- Mix well and pour in cake cases and bake at 180c till done.
- Garnish with topping of your choice and serve.
- My theme was spring so I have decorated them with fondant flowers.
Very famous snack of Pakistan, usually people make these tikkian on special occasions. You can store them in air tight container for a week. Here in Punjab region villagers distribute these on child birth or on marriages. They named it Gogi/Pakwan.
For recipe of GOGI click tis link: GOGI/ PAKWAN.
This picture is of a stall from where villagers buy all desi type of bakery items and sweets. You can see colorful sweets too along with Naan khatai, Shakarpare, Namak pare ,etc.
|Plain flour/ maida||2 cup
|Semolina/ Suji||1 cup
|Icing sugar||1 cup
|Ghee (melted)||3 tbsp
- Mix all ingredients and knead with milk or water.
- Set a side for few minutes.
- Roll the dough and cut circles with a round cutter or glass.
- Deep fry them in oil till light golden appear.
- You can sprinkle sesame seed before frying.
- You can add 1/4 cup desiccated coconut than make dough.
Jam filled cupcakes are a perfect treat for kids. Use any jam which is your kid’s favorite. Top them with chocolate or with fondant. I have used fondant. Minions are my kid’s favorite so I made Minion Toppers.
|Flour||1 and 1/2 cup
|Baking powder||1 and 1/2 tsp
|Vanilla essence||1 tsp
|Fondant or chocolate topping||as needed
- Pre heat oven and grease cupcake pan.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a bowl beat butter and sugar, add eggs and beat till fluffy.
- Now add half flour and beat, add half milk and mix.
- Add remaining flour and beat then add milk and essence.
- Pour mixture in pan and bake at 180c till done.
- Let them cool completely and the scoop out small portion from center and fill jam cover with topping and serve.
My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her.
Yes, for me my mother was the most courageous lady on earth. She was an unmatched loving, caring, patient, faithful and prayerful lady who knew her life’s work is to be a wife and a mother.
My Mother kept a garden,
a garden of the heart,
She planted all the good things
that gave my life it’s start.
She turned me to the sunshine
and encouraged me to dream,
Fostering and nurturing
the seeds of self-esteem…
And when the winds and rain came,
she protected me enough-
But not too much because she knew
I’d need to stand up strong and tough.
Her constant good example
always taught me right from wrong-
Markers for my pathway
that will last a lifetime long.
I am my Mother’s garden.
I am her legacy-
And I hope today she feels the love
reflected back from me
My mother is not with us but i always miss her and will miss her ever. You can read “IN MEMORY OF MY MOTHER”
|Baking powder||2 tsp
|Shredded coconut||1/2 cup
|Sugar||1 and 1/2 cups
|Coconut milk||3/4 cup
|Vanilla essence||1 tbsp
- Pre heat oven at 150c and grease muffin pan.
- Mix all dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a bowl add butter and sugar and beat till creamy, Now add eggs one by one and beat till fluffy.
- In a separate bowl mix coconut milk and vanilla essence and set aside.
- Now in egg batter add coconut milk ,beat and then add flour mix ,beat then again add milk and beat now add flour and beat for few minutes.
- Pour mixture in cupcake pan and bake at 180c for 20 minutes or till done.
- Let them cool completely for few minutes and then decorate with fondant topping.
Make these special cupcakes for your special MOMS…:)