How interesting it is to make cute little things for cupcake decoration or even for decorating cakes. Another interesting part is, select any theme and involve your kids in this activity, you will see they will come up with a lot of ideas. My son Ali was giving me ideas like including a small vase with flowers and a table cover 🙂 It was fun making these small beauties with my sons. This arrangement is for cupcake.
I am a little tea pot
Short and Stout
This is my handle.
And this is my spout.
When water is boiling
Hear me shout.
“Just lift me up
And pour me out.”
Kund Park is a very beautiful place.It is situated on the confluence of river Kabul & Indus on the main G.T Road near Attock bridge. Due to its unique location the park has become a recreation spot for the people.
We entered in KPK….:)
River from GT road.
Historical Tomb of Attock on GT Road.
Bahram Khan Baradari
Attock Qila/ Castle
Beautiful entrance of KPK
You can cross the river to get into the park by boats or cable cars or take a road trip from a small town Jehangera, thou road is not well constructed but if you are a nature lover then you will definitely enjoy fields and rural areas of KPK. We took a road trip to get into the park.
Jahangera Town , KPK.
There was a small zoo inside the Kund Park,before 2010.
Zoological Garden was an attractions for tourists.In late July, 2010 Pakistan floods resulted in severe damage at Kund Park. As many as 23 bears that were living in the sanctuary lost when the water rose as high as 60 feet above river level.Leopards, deer and bears all drowned as the murky waters
quickly engulfed them.Lost all its wildlife including 100 endangered species in this year’s flood crisis.It was the worst single natural destruction of wildlife in Pakistan.The floods had crippled the park’s perimeter and destroyed the bear centre. The sanctuary started out as a research station in 2000 to provide veterinary care and shelter to 27 bears formerly used for baiting. Fifty turtles kept for research purposes were also washed away and killed.
KPK government re-constructed this park.
My niece Aizah in the park.
Cable car on the river.
We tried bbq food from a road side Dhabba style restaurant which is famous for fresh water fish fry and bbq.It was a memorable trip for us.
Do not miss this delicious Tikka recipe in my next post..:)
Quack Quack….kids here comes cute ducky mash potatoes for you.You can help your mommy in making these ducks and enjoy eating in your lunch OR dinner….:)
|Boiled potatoes||as needed/3 large
|Black pepper||to taste
- Mash potatoes with masher and then in hot mash potatoes mix butter ,salt and black pepper.
- Make two balls one is for head and other is for body. Make beak from beet root and eyes from black pepper.
- keep them in fridge and then serve.
My dearest , 11 years old niece Laiba helped me out in cutting shapes for all kids. Its quiet easy and interesting way to attract kids…:)
Just cut 1 inch pieces of water melon and cut flesh with any cookie cutter of your choice, and as many as you can.
Arrange in skewers or make lollies…choice is yours.
Today my post is about my new kitchen.Specially about my kitchen storage spaces.I and my husband designed our kitchen to give a soft modern look with a lot of cabinet smart spaces.
Have a look and comment…:)
WALL MOUNTED MULTI PURPOSE RACK
RACK FOR Glassware
CUTLERY IN BUILT TRAY.
Potato Roses are very tempting and beautiful garnishing of any food or dish. I am sharing two different methods of making Potato Roses.
FRIED POTATO ROSES
(Google courtesy )
|Potato||1 for 1 rose
|Tooth picks ||4-5
- Cut paper thin slices of a big potato, you can peel the skin or just wash it with brush and cut slices.
- Soak slices in chilled water to avoid browning.
- Arrange slices as mentioned in picture and secure with tooth pick.
- Deep fry them.Take out tooth picks before serving.
BAKED POTATO ROSES
- Cut slices with slicer.
- Fry in oil for few seconds till soft.
- Overlap slices and roll.
- Place in a muffin tray.
- Bake for few minutes till golden brown color appear.
The art of carving fruits and vegetables originated during the period Sukhothay in the 14th century in Thailand. The women of the royal house developed and perfected this art in honor of their monarchs. This traditional trhai art of carving fruit and vegetables has been passed from generation to generation through this centuries. Sculpture in fruits and vegetables is considered one of the ten traditional arts crafts in Thailand. This form of art expression is much loved and admired in Thai culture. The tradition of carving fruits and vegetables spread across the globe and is now used as a display weddings, birthdays, christening and private parties as well as a unique gift for someone special.(Courtesy Google)
Today i am introducing a very talented and an awesome Carver, Salma Sultana to you. She is having an exceptional talent in Carving fruits and vegetables.
Let me tell you a little about this amazing lady.Salam ia a home cook and she learned to carve herself at home.Hats off to her..:)
Here is her some amazing and beautiful carving ideas.
Salma you are expert in carving mashallah…:)
Our spring has come at last with the soft laughter of April sun and shadow of April showers. Colorful canvas is starting to become new….:)
When April scatters charms of primrose gold
Among the copper leaves in thickets old,
And singing skylarks from the meadows rise,
To twinkle like black stars in sunny skies;
When I can hear the small woodpecker ring
Time on a tree for all the birds that sing;
And hear the pleasant cuckoo, loud and long —
The simple bird that thinks two notes a song;
When I can hear the woodland brook, that could
Not drown a babe, with all his threatening mood;
Upon these banks the violets make their home,
And let a few small strawberry vlossoms come:
When I go forth on such a pleasant day,
One breath outdoors takes all my cares away;
It goes like heavy smoke, when flames take hold
Of wood that’s green and fill a grate with gold.
William Henry Davies
These cute strawberry flowers are very easy to make ,just dip them in melted chocolate and sprinkles .Let them cool and insert wooden skewers in leafy part.Serve and enjoy the tangy chocolaty flavor of these cute flowers.
These sensational lollies make a real spring indulgence. This recipe is an elegant , sophisticated and easy treat for all friends. Make shells and freeze ,when needed take them out fill with ice cream and serve… 🙂
|Dark chocolate||13 oz
|Vanilla ice cream or full cream ||as needed
|Mixed dry fruits ,chopped|
(for topping and mixing)
|Toffee / crunch||4 tbsp
|Cocktail Fruits||as needed
|Plastic disposable glasses||6
- Take small size disposable plastic glasses.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water.
- Pour into the cups and, tilting to coat and pour out excess.
- Chill until set.Repeat one more time to make a shell.
- In a bowl beat cream ,mix nuts,toffee and crushed cocktail fruits.
- If you are using ice cream then fold all in ice cream and fill in chocolate cups.
- Stick a wooden stick into the cream and freeze for 10 minutes.
- Reheat the remaining chocolate and pour on top of chocolate cups.
- Top each with nuts and crunch.Return to the freezer until set.
- Before serving remove lollies from glasses. (cut plastic glass with scissors)
- Serve immediately.
Great recipe for all age groups.These stir chocolate sticks are a treat for kids in winter. Perfect for swirling in hot milk or coffee or enjoying right off the stick.
|Semi sweet chocolate||1/2 cup
|Milk chocolate||1/4 cup
|Cocoa powder||2 tbsp
|Icing sugar||3 tbsp
|Cinnamon powder (optional)||1/4 tsp
|Ice cream sticks||as needed
|Molds/ice tray/ candy mold||
- Chop down the chocolate and add in a microwave safe bowl.
- Add all other ingredients in it and place in microwave for 1 minute then stir it add again place it for 1 minute.
- When melt pour in small cups and insert ice cream sticks in it or if you want to make shapes like i did then place shape cutters on butter paper and pour chocolate in it, insert sticks in the chocolate and ask someone for help to hold the sticks for few minutes ..:)
- When slightly set keep them in freezer for few minutes and then take them out.
- Remove from molds or cutters and store in a container
- Serve with coffee ,milk or enjoy as it is..or you can gift these to your friends too…:)