Have you ever heard about Gajjar Mukhadi / Carrot and Semolina Desert..???? Mukhadi is a famous Halwa of KPK and Punjab but this carrot Mukhadi was a surprising thing for me also when my maid first time tell me. I just garbed the pen and copy down her recipe. Very next day i was experimenting in my kitchen 🙂
It was very different in taste and aroma then Mukhadi. Carrots are in season so do not forget to try this recipe.
Click the link for original MUKHADI HALWA.
|Semolina||1 cup (soak in 2 cup water)|
|Carrots grated||1/2 cup|
|Ghee/ Butter||1/2 cup|
|Nuts and khoya||for garnish|
- Soak semolina in water for 15 minutes then drain excess water.
- In a heavy bottom pan add Ghee and cardamom, let it crackle.
- Add sugar and let it melt on very low flame. You can check this process here MUKHADI HALWA
- Grate carrots and set aside.
- Add semolina in ghee and stir for five minutes.
- Add carrots in semolina mixture and now get ready for muscular exercise, because you need to stir constantly till ghee separates.
- Garnish with nuts or khoya and serve hot.
- Enjoy this very different Mukhadi with a cup of tea 🙂
- I am sharing my carrot carving with you. 2 years ago i have participate in a contest arranged by Sajina of “Saju’s taste”.
- A small carrot pot with flowers.
- Look at the vibrant colors of vegetables.
- Carrot ribbons very simple to make from a hand peeler.
- Make loops and secure with tooth pick.
- Carrot Hearts 🙂
Wow sounds delicious need to try this yummmmmmy….thanks for sharing sis
Thank you Tabu
delicious combo.. Perfect and tempting color