Oat is a whole grain powerhouse which is fully nutritious and rich in fiber. If you are willing to lose weight than add this grain in your meal. Overnight oats is a feel good start to the day topped with nuts and honey. If you are looking for Gluten free diet than you should add this in your diet.
Today i am sharing a desi style recipe with oats. Yes, you can make haleem from oats and enjoy with your family
One recipe is with homemade spices and other one is with ready made Haleem Masala.
|Chicken with bones or breast piece||less than 1/2 kg or 2 breasts|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 tbsp|
|Coriander seeds||2 tbsp|
|Cinnamon stick||1 piece|
|Cumin seeds||1 tsp|
|Coriander leaves and green chilies||as needed|
|Chat Masala||as needed|
|Onion||1 medium, sliced|
|Red chili powder||1 tsp|
- Boil chicken In 5 cups water , cook till tender and remove it from stock.
- Add oats in the same stock and cook till soft. Shred chicken and add in oats. Set aside.
- In a pot add oil and fry onion till light brown color appear, add ginger garlic paste in it and cook for few seconds.
- Dry roast all cardamom, coriander seeds, red whole chilies, cinnamon sticks , cloves and cumin, grind them. Use this haleem spice according to your taste, and store remaining in air tight jar.
- Add all spices in oil and stir for few minutes.
- Now add chicken oats mixture and mix well. You can add water if required.
- Cook till desired consistency obtain.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and chilies.
- Serve hot.
INGREDIENTS OF JHATPAT HALEEM:
|Chicken||4-5 pieces with bones.|
|Chicken broth/ stock||2 cups|
|Instant Oats||1/2 cup|
|Haleem masala||2-3 tbsp or to taste|
|Olive Oil / vegetable oil||2 tbsp|
|Green coriander and chilies||as needed|
- Boil chicken in 3 cups water and shred it, save chicken stock.
- In a pot add 2 tbsp oil, add haleem masala any brand , i have used Shan , and stir for few seconds.
- Add shredded chicken and saute for few seconds. Now add oats and stir.
- Add chicken stock in it and let it cook till required consistency obtained.
- Garnish with coriander leaves, green chilies and chat masala.
- Squeeze lemon and enjoy.