Oat is a whole grain powerhouse which is fully nutritious and rich in fiber. If you are willing to lose weight than add this grain in your meal. Overnight oats is a feel good start to the day topped with nuts and honey. If you are looking for Gluten free diet than you should add this in your diet.
Today i am sharing a desi style recipe with oats. Yes, you can make haleem from oats and enjoy with your family 🙂
One recipe is with homemade spices and other one is with ready made Haleem Masala.
|Chicken with bones or breast piece||less than 1/2 kg or 2 breasts|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 tbsp|
|Coriander seeds||2 tbsp|
|Cinnamon stick||1 piece|
|Cumin seeds||1 tsp|
|Coriander leaves and green chilies||as needed|
|Chat Masala||as needed|
|Onion||1 medium, sliced|
|Red chili powder||1 tsp|
- Boil chicken In 5 cups water , cook till tender and remove it from stock.
- Add oats in the same stock and cook till soft. Shred chicken and add in oats. Set aside.
- In a pot add oil and fry onion till light brown color appear, add ginger garlic paste in it and cook for few seconds.
- Dry roast all cardamom, coriander seeds, red whole chilies, cinnamon sticks , cloves and cumin, grind them. Use this haleem spice according to your taste, and store remaining in air tight jar.
- Add all spices in oil and stir for few minutes.
- Now add chicken oats mixture and mix well. You can add water if required.
- Cook till desired consistency obtain.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and chilies.
- Serve hot.
INGREDIENTS OF JHATPAT HALEEM:
|Chicken||4-5 pieces with bones.|
|Chicken broth/ stock||2 cups|
|Instant Oats||1/2 cup|
|Haleem masala||2-3 tbsp or to taste|
|Olive Oil / vegetable oil||2 tbsp|
|Green coriander and chilies||as needed|
- Boil chicken in 3 cups water and shred it, save chicken stock.
- In a pot add 2 tbsp oil, add haleem masala any brand , i have used Shan , and stir for few seconds.
- Add shredded chicken and saute for few seconds. Now add oats and stir.
- Add chicken stock in it and let it cook till required consistency obtained.
- Garnish with coriander leaves, green chilies and chat masala.
- Squeeze lemon and enjoy.
Instead of oats with nuts and honey… can we have haleem oats for dinner for weight loss??za
yes yes you can 🙂