Nan Khatai one of the very famous cookies in Pakistan and Khalifa naan khatai is most famous brand here. This recipe is such a big hit In Khalifa naan khatai , desi ghee is used but if you do not have than use normal ghee. I have posted two recipes of Nan Khatai earlier. You can click the links below to check recipes.
My mother’s Naan Khatai recipe
Shiren Anwer’s Naan Khatai recipe
|Sugar (grind it)||3/4 cup -1 cup to taste|
|Desi Ghee/ Dalda ghee||1 cup melted|
|Ilichi/ cardamom powder||1/2 tsp|
|Baking powder||1/2 tsp|
- In a large bowl add sugar and ghee, beat well till creamy.
- Now add flour, cardamom powder and baking powder. Beat again.
- Add crushed almonds. Use your hand to make a smooth dough.
- Make balls of equal size, place on baking tray and press from center with thumb.
- In egg yolk add a pinch of orange food color. Mix well.
- Apply yolk on each khatai and sprinkle pistachio and almonds.
- Bake in pre heated oven at 180c for 15-20 minutes.
- Leave for 5 minutes after baking.
- Store in air tight jar.
This is a space i hang out all time .
Very crunchy and soft looking naan khatais
Thanks a lot 🙂