My mother used to make these makki sweet tikkias. I always loved the sweet taste of jaggrey/shakar. These are very easy to make and very nutritious .In Pakistan you can easily get maize flour from any shop.
|Maiz/ makki flour||2 cups|
|Jaggrey / shakar||1 cup|
|Dessicated coconut||1/4 cup|
|Nuts (almonds,pistachio,walnuts)||as needed|
- Sieve maiz/makki flour and set aside.
- In a pan add shakar in 1 cup of water, let it dissolve and strain this as well.
- Add cardamom, coconut, nuts and knead flour with shakar water, set aside.
- Now roll the dough to make a thin flat circle/roti and cut with doughnut cutter.
- I made small balls and then roll them and fried using 2 tbsp oil.
- Fry on medium flame and when become crispy and golden place on paper towel, serve hot.
- You can add powder sugar if you want to increase sugar according to your taste