Gol Gappe is always been a favorite snack for me. In Pakistan you can get two types of golgappas.
1. Dahi bondi and chana filled
2. Simple golgappe filled with chickpeas served with sour water.
I have learned this recipe from a cook and I am sure you will try and like this easy recipe.
INGREDIENTS FOR GOLGAPPE:
|Plain flour||4 tbsp|
- Add all ingredients in a bowl and with water knead the dough ,set aside for 20 minutes but cover it with wet cloth .
- Knead it again when want to make puris and dust dry flour on counter and roll it in a very thin circle ,as thin as you can make will give you a perfect end product.
- Cut small puris with cookie cutter or bottle cover and make all poris at a time ,cover them with a wet cloth again if your poris will become dry then they will not puff properly.
- In a wok heat the oil and in hot oil slide one pori at a time with a slotted spoon press it and let it golden from one side then change the side.
- May be first time you will not get 100% puffed poris…:)
- Drain oil on paper towel and let them completely cool then store in a air tight container.
INGREDIENTS FOR SOUR WATER:
|Tamarind /imli pulp||4tbsp|
|Chat masala powder||1/2 tsp|
|Black salt||1/2 tsp|
|Dry ginger powder/sonth||1/2 tsp|
|Red chili flakes||1/4 tsp|
|Red chili powder||1/4 tsp|
|Roasted and crushed cumin||1/2 tsp|
- Mix all ingredients in water and serve with golgappas…
INGREDIENTS FOR CHICKPEA FILLING:
|Chick peas(boiled)||1 cup|
|Potato (boiled)||1 large,cut in thin cubes|
|Onion thinly sliced||1 small|
|Whole spice powder||1/2 tsp|
|Red chili flakes||1/2 tsp|
|green coriander||few leaves|
- Mix all ingredients and serve with gol gappas/pani and puri.