Long Chiray…. a unique name with unique recipe, in fact for me. In Pakistan you will see Dehli families making these on special parties. Special sauce which they serve with the Chirays is so delicious and different in taste.
INGREDIENTS FOR LONG CHIRAY:
|Gram flour/ basan||3/4 cup|
|All purpose flour/ maida||1/4 cup|
|Baking soda||1/4 tsp|
|Garlic paste||1/2 tsp|
|Zarda color||optional , pinch|
- Make a paste of gram flour with all ingredients. Paste should be like normal basan phulki paste.
- Fry in oil and soak all in water for 5 minutes.
- Squeeze water carefully.
- Arrange in a serving dish.
- You can add zarda color in batter, in original recipe they used it.
INGREDIENTS FOR SAUCE:
|Talhar mirch / dry whole chili||1oo g|
|Amchor/ dry mango/ tamarind pulp||100 g or to taste|
- Wash talhar mirch and dry mango/ amchor, soak in water overnight.
- Next day add all ingredients of sauce in blender and make a fine paste.
- You can substitute ingredients like I have used tamarind pulp instead of Amchor, because it was not avalible in my city. You can take whole red chilies instead of Talhar mirch.
- Pour Sauce on arranged Chiras in a serving dish.
- Add onion and fresh coriander.
- Sprinkle chat masala, if you like.
- Serve and enjoy.