This fresh scented, moist and lemony cake is a perfect treat for tea time parties. You can use orange instead of lemons.
|Flour||1 and 1/2 cup
|Baking powder ||3/4 tsp
|Poppy seeds||1 tbsp
|Vanilla essence||1 tsp
|Grated lemon zest||2 tbsp
|Lemon juice||1/3 cup
- Preheat oven at 150c and grease loaf pan. (you can use any pan).
- In a bowl stir flour, baking powder, salt and poppy seeds. Set aside.
- In another bowl beat butter and sugar with electric beater till fluffy.
- Add eggs one by one and beat well.
- Now add vanilla essence and lemon zest.
- Add half flour and then half milk beat on low speed, then add flour and half milk again beat on low speed.
- Pour in greased pan and bake at 180c till inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- In a a saucepan boil lemon juice and sugar 1/3 cup to prepare lemon syrup.
- Remove cake from oven. While in the pan poke holes in cake with toothpick and pour syrup on cake let it cool down then remove from pan and serve.