Green Masala/ Hara masala or Chutney Chicken biryani is my special post for Pakistan day 2016. Pakistan Day is a public holiday in Pakistan to remember the Lahore Resolution on March 23 each year. The word “Pakistan” was never used but the Lahore Resolution is considered a major milestone in the Muslim struggle for an independent state in undivided India.
I have used green food color for special occasion but you can skip food color.
- Chicken 1/2 kg, I have used bone less
- Yogurt 1 and 1/2 cup
- Salt 1 ½ tsp or to tatse
- All spice powder 1 tsp
- Turmeric 1/4 tsp
- Brown Onion 1 cup
- Whole Spices 1 tbsp mixed
- Ginger Garlic Paste 1 tbsp
- Rice (boiled) ½ kg with 2 tbsp oil till ¾ done
- Oil ¾ cup
- Mint and coriander leaves for garnish
- Tomato 1 , cut in slices.
INGREDIENTS FOR CHUTNEY
- Coriander Leaves 1 bunch
- Mint leaves half bunch
- Onion 1 large
- Green Chilies 15- 20
- Garlic Paste 1 tbsp
- Cumin (roasted and crushed) 1 ½ tbsp
- Desiccated Coconut ½ cups
- Add all ingredients of chutney in blender and blend well. Set aside.
- In a pot add oil and whole spices, stir for few minutes. Add brown onion and ginger garlic paste. Stir for few seconds.
- Now add chicken, chutney, all spice powder, turmeric, yogurt and salt. Mix well and let it cook till chicken tender.
- In a pot grease bottom and spread half amount of boiled rice top with chicken chutney. Give a layer of tomato slices.
- Spread remaining rice.
- Cover with lid and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish with mint and coriander leaves and brown onion.
- Serve with Raita.
- As i mentioned above i have used green color because of a theme but you can skip and prepare with out any food color.