All those who are resident of Attock City will agree with me that Azad Chat House is one of the best Chat shops in Attock, sweet and spicy chat will tantalize your taste buds. I am grateful to my Friend and relative Shazia Aunty, who taught me the copycat of Azad Chat. She taught me to make bondi in a different and unique style. Hope you will like her way of making Bondi. Pictures during demonstration are not clear because of low light in her kitchen. But end result I have captured after making Chat myself.
INGREDIENTS FOR BASAN BONDI:
|Gram flour/ basan||1 cup|
|Red chili powder||1 tsp|
|Baking soda||1/4 tsp|
- In a bowl add all ingredients and make a thick paste with water.
- Set aside for few minutes.
- Take a thick plastic bag and fill in bondi mixture.
- Cut this piping bag from one side and drop small bondis in heated oil.
- Fry and spread them out on paper towel or on strainer.
INGREDIENTS FOR CHAT:
|Boiled chick peas/ chana||1 cup|
|Basan bondi||1 cup|
|Boiled potatoes||1 cup, cut in cubes|
|Tomato , chopped||1 medium|
|Onion, sliced||1 medium|
|Green chilies, chopped||2|
|Coriander leaves, chopped||2 tbsp|
|Sweet n sour Imli sauce||as needed|
|Chat masala||1 tsp or to taste|
|Roasted and crushed cumin seeds||1 tsp|
- In a large bowl add chana , potatoes, tomatoes, sweet and sour tamarind sauce, chat masala, salt, cumin seeds, coriander leaves, green chilies, onion and in the end bondi.
- Beat yogurt and pour over chat. Yogurt you can use according to your taste. You want more saucy then use more yogurt.
- Toss all ingredients and pour Imli sauce, chat masala and papari.
- Serve and enjoy.
- For Imli sauce click this link: