A perfect cake for Celebrations and this is an original version of black forest gateau, not only easy but delicious.
|Butter unsalted||1/4 cup|
|Plain flour||1/2 cup and 2 tbsp|
|Corn flour/ corn starch||2 tbsp|
|Cocoa powder||1/4 cup|
|Caster sugar||1/2 cup|
|Baking powder||1/2 tsp|
|Cherries ,pitted||15 oz|
|sugar syrup||3-4 tbsp|
|Whipped Cream||2 cups|
|Chocolate curls||as needed|
- Sift the flour,corn starch,baking powder and cocoa ,twice.Set aside.
- Beat eggs and sugar until pale and thick now add soften butter and flour gently in egg mixture.A little at a time.
- Pour in a baking pan and bake it at 180c for 25 minutes.
- Cool it down and then split in half.
- Drain the liquid from cherries tin and make up the liquid to 150ml or 2/3 cup with water if necessary .Mix arrowroot in a little amount of liquid and dissolve it then add in remaining liquid.
- Transfer to a saucepan and boil till thickened and clear , stir in cherries and let it cool .
- Sprinkle the sponge with sugar syrup and then spread whipped cream and then cherries mixture .Place other half of sponge on top and then spread cream around the sides of cake.
- Decorate with cherries and chocolate curls….
- Serve chill.I prefer to keep it in refrigerator for 4-5 hours before serving.