The Shinwari are Pushton tribe of Pakistan and Afghanistan. Shinwari Karhai is a famous dish in all over Pakistan beacaue of less spices and great taste.
I am thankful to my husband who personally asked recipe from a famous Shinwari karahi making expert. He was making karhai in front of him and when my husband asked him about the recipe, he told him in detail. From that day I not only making this at home but also telling all my relatives this awesome recipe.
|Chicken/ Mutton||1/2 kg|
|Ginger chopped||1 tbsp|
|Green chilies chopped||2|
|Black pepper crushed|
|Coriander leaves, green chilies and ginger sticks||for garnish|
- In 1/2 cup oil fry chicken add ginger and green chilies too. Fry till light brown.
- Now add salt, tomatoes cut in two slices and 1/2 cup water. Cover with the lid and cook till chicken tender .
- Remove skin of tomatoes and fry on high flame.
- When oil separates add crushed black pepper , coriander leaves and green chilies.
- Cover with the lid and let it simmer for few seconds.
- Serve with Naans.