The Shinwari are Pushton tribe of Pakistan and Afghanistan. Shinwari Karhai is a famous dish in all over Pakistan beacaue of less spices and great taste.
I am thankful to my husband who personally asked recipe from a famous Shinwari karahi making expert. He was making karhai in front of him and when my husband asked him about the recipe, he told him in detail. From that day I not only making this at home but also telling all my relatives this awesome recipe.
|Chicken/ Mutton||1/2 kg|
|Ginger chopped||1 tbsp|
|Green chilies chopped||2|
|Black pepper crushed|
|Coriander leaves, green chilies and ginger sticks||for garnish|
- In 1/2 cup oil fry chicken add ginger and green chilies too. Fry till light brown.
- Now add salt, tomatoes cut in two slices and 1/2 cup water. Cover with the lid and cook till chicken tender .
- Remove skin of tomatoes and fry on high flame.
- When oil separates add crushed black pepper , coriander leaves and green chilies.
- Cover with the lid and let it simmer for few seconds.
- Serve with Naans.
Salam …. This resulted into an awesome karahi.
What about motton i mean shud v need to boil mutton first?
No not at all, just add water in case of mutton. Boiling will ruin the taste of mutton. Follow the same instruction just add water to cook it well.
my tomatoes became part of the curry..like they blended in. is there a mistake I am making ?
No its ok. My family do not like tomato chunks in curry so I normally blend them and add in chicken.
Do yo know what the approx weight for the tomatoes should be? What should be my ratio between chicken and tomatoes? Thanks! 🙂
Tomatoes are 1/2 kg in weight.