My mother was an expert in making these Dahi baras, I never tried these in front of her but after marriage when I tried these first time my joy was unexplainable because they were so perfect. After my mother whenever I make baras, they remind me of her delicious baras and sweet and sour sauce.
|White lentils/ mash ki dal/urad dal||1 cup|
|Baking soda||1 tsp|
|Red chili powder||1/2 tsp|
|Cumin seeds/zeera||1/4 tsp|
- Soak lentil in water with baking soda for 4-5 hours (in summers 3 hours are enough).
- Now wash it and drain water completely .
- In a food processor add lentil,onion,cumin,salt,red chilli powder and grind it till smooth.Do not add water at all on this stage otherwise baras will break during frying.
- Keep it aside for 10 minutes ,now wet your hands and make Baras in a form of flattened circles/tikkia.Slide it medium hot oil and fry till golden brown.
- Put these fried Baras in water .Meanwhile prepare yogurt sauce.
- Whisk yogurt and add salt and red chilli powder in it,according to your taste.
- Squeeze water from Baras and slide them in yogurt sauce .Keep them aside for 10 more minutes in this way they will soak yogurt sauce also.
- Serve with Imli sauce and chat masala , enjoy these tasty and delicious DHAI BARAS…