This recipe is very different from my previous recipe. My mother was making curry with this method PAKORA KARHI ,When I saw Shiren Appa recipe I found it very interesting. Literally I liked the end product, it was so delicious.
Do not forget to check my Mother’s recipe its here: PAKORA KARHI
INGREDIENTS FOR KADHI:
- Yogurt 1/2 kg
- Gram flour 3 tbsp.
- Onion 1 small, sliced.
- Salt to taste
- Red chili powder 1 and 1/2 tsp or to taste
- Turmeric powder 1 tsp
- garlic paste 1 tsp
- Dried fenugreek 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice 1 tbsp
- Water 4 cups
INGREDIENTS FOR PAKORA:
- Gram flour/ basan 1 and 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Red chili powder 1 tsp
- Red chili flakes 1 tsp
- Coriander seeds 1/2 tsp, crushed
- Onion, sliced 1 medium
- Potato, thinly sliced 1 medium
- Mint and coriander as needed
- Green chilies, chopped 3
- Baking soda 1/4 tsp
INGREDIENTS FOR BHAGAR:
- Oil 1/2 cup
- Green chilies 4-5 or use whole red chilies 4-5
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Curry leaves 4-5
- In a blender add all ingredients of kadhi and blend well.
- Pour kadhi in a pot and cook on low flame till thick in consistency.
- In a bowl add gram flour and all other ingredients. Cut potatoes in a form of thin sticks.
- Heat oil and fry pakoras. Fry all and add in kadhi.
- Cover with the lid and let it cook on low flame for 10 minutes.
- Prepare Bhagar/ tempering.
- I have used my home grown curry leaves. I always like the smell of curry leaves in Kadhi or daals.
- In a pan add oil and all ingredients of bhagar. let them crackle. Chilies can splatter oil, so be careful.
- When a nice aroma of curry leaves and cumin seeds appears, pour on kadhi and mix lightly.
- Serve with Bhagare Rice or Roti.