INGREDIENTS FOR CAKE:
|Plain flour||2 and 1/4 cup|
|Sugar||1 cup, grind it|
|Cocoa powder||3/4 cup|
|Chocolate Horlicks/ Ovaltine/ Milo||1 cup|
|Baking soda||1- 1/2 tsp|
|Baking powder||1 tsp|
|Vanilla essence||few drops|
- Preheat oven at 150c and grease cake pan.
- In 1 cup milk add 1 tsp vinegar and mix well. set aside.
- In a bowl add all dry ingredients. Flour, sugar, malt powder, Cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
- Now add all wet ingredients, eggs, milk, oil, vanilla essence and beat with electric beater or use hand whisk. Mix well.
- Pour batter in pan and bake at 180c till a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let it cool completely.
- Remove from pan and divide in two halves.
- Spread frosting on cake and place another half on top. Cover cake with frosting.
- You can decorate cake with fondant flowers, like I did or use malted balls or fingers to decorate it.
INGREDIENTS FOR FROSTING:
|Un salted butter||1 cup, softened|
|Cocoa powder||1/2 cup|
|Heavy whipping cream or milk pack cream||3/4 cup|
|Malted powder||1/2 cup|
|Icing sugar||3 cups|
|Cream cheese||4-5 tbsp|
- In a bowl beat butter, icing sugar till creamy, now add cream cheese, cream, malt powder and cocoa.
- Beat again till frosting become hard.
- Keep in refrigerator. Take out when needed.
You can watch Video Here: