It was fun to plan and involve all five kids. Frozen party theme was specially for my Niece Laiba Noor, who asked me to make Elsa cake with Olaf. I have baked fudge cake and decorated it with fondant. Thou My Elsa was not resembling the actual one but Kids loved it.
INGREDIENTS FOR FUDGE CAKE:
Butter 3/4 cup
Granulated sugar (grind it) 3/4 cup
Brown sugar 1/2 cup
Flour 2 cups
Baking powder 1 tsp
Baking soda 1/2 tsp
Cocoa powder 1/2 cup
Butter milk 1/2 cup
Coffee (1/4 cup hot water+ 1 tsp granules) 1/4 cup
Milk 1/2 cup
INGREDIENTS FOR FUDGE SAUCE:
|Cooking chocolate||1/2 cup|
|Icing sugar||2 cups|
|Vanilla essence||few drops|
- In a bowl add butter and sugar (brown and white) beat well till creamy.
- Add eggs one by one . Beat and add all dry ingredients alternating with butter milk.
- Add milk and coffee , beat well and pour in pan. Bake at 180c for 25 minutes.
- Let it cool completely and cut in three parts. Spread fudge sauce and decorate with fondant.
FUDGE SAUCE MAKING:
- Add all ingredients in a pan and cook on low flame.
- Keep on stirring till smooth.
- Let it cool a bit then use.