Al Kabsa or Kabsa rice is Arabic Rice dish. Serve this dish with Tomato Chatney or sauce which will enhance the taste of Rice. I assure you, your family will like this dish.
|Chicken cut in 6 pieces||1 kg|
|Onion||5 medium, thinly sliced|
|Cumin seeds, crushed||2 tsp|
|Red chili powder||2 tsp|
|Turmeric powder||4 tsp|
|Tomatoes||5-6 large, cut in small pieces|
|Cooking oil||1 and 1/2 cup|
- Soak rice in water first.
- Fry onion in oil till light golden in color. Oil you can use according to your requirement.
- Now add chopped tomatoes , salt, red chili powder, turmeric powder and stir constantly. Cover with the lid till tomatoes become soft.
- Add chicken and mix well. Add cumin and cardamom. Fry chicken with spices. Add water double in quantity from rice.
- Cover with the lid till chicken tender and water boils.
- Add soaked and drained rice in chicken.
- Let it cook till water dries.
- Simmer rice for 10 mins. Kabsa Rice is ready.
- Serve with Tomato Chutney or sauce.
- You can add Shallow fried Resins and almonds ( peeled). Garnish on rice before serving.
INGREDIENTS FOR TOMATO SAUCE:
|Fresh coriander||1/2 cup|
|Red chili powder||to taste|
- Blend tomatoes first.
- Blend all other ingredients and mix in tomato paste.
- Mix well and serve with your Kabsa Rice.
- I serve this sauce with Tihari and other rice dishes too. You can also try and give me your feed back.