I have posted two black forest cakes recipes earlier but this recipe is an authentic and delicious treat for Black forest cake lovers. I myself love the taste of coffee in every bite of cake. Try it this Eid and enjoy with your family.
INGREDIENTS FOR CAKE:
|Sugar||1- 1/2 cup|
|Vanilla essence||1 tsp|
|Cocoa powder||2/3 cup|
|Baking powder||1 - 1/2 tsp|
|Buttermilk||Add 1 tsp vinegar in 1 cup milk and leave it for 15 minutes.|
INGREDIENTS FOR FILLING:
|Cherry juice||1/2 cup|
|Icing sugar||3 cups|
|Fresh black or red cherries||1 and 1/2 cups|
INGREDIENTS FOR ICING:
|Whipping cream||2 cups|
|Icing sugar||2 tbsp|
|Vanilla essence||1/2 tsp|
|Milk powder||2 tbsp|
|Chocolate shaves||as needed|
|Cherries for garnish||as needed|
- Soak pitted cherries in 1/2 cup of cherry juice overnight. You can replace cherry juice with pineapple juice too.
- Preheat oven.
- Sift dry ingredients and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar and add eggs and vanilla essence. Beat well.
- Add dry ingredients alternating with buttermilk, after mixing pour cake batter in baking pan and bake at 180c until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Let it cool completely and cut into two halves.
- Poke the surface of cake with toothpick and spread cherry and juice mixture on cake.
- Now make filling, beat butter and icing sugar in a bowl till creamy. Add Coffee and beat well. If the mixture is thick then add cherry juice 1-2 tbsp.
- Spread filling on cake and then spread pitted cherries on filling. Place another cake piece on top. Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate it for 3-4 hours.
- Now whip cream and add, sugar, milk powder and essence.
- Spread cream on all sides of cake.
- Garnish with Chocolate Shaves.
- Keep in refrigerator to set.
This Delicious cake I am sending to my Fellow Bloggers Eid Party