I know a lady, who is highly motivated, enthusiastic and always willing to learn.I met her through my page almost 2 years ago and from that day she is a family to me.Just like an elder sister….:)
She is Asifa Rashid,i see her always up to new and exciting challenges in culinary field.I requested her to give fer favorite recipe to me and she delivered me this delicious and famous Recipe of White Chicken Qorma.
I am thankful to her for sharing this super yummy recipe with all.Hope you will share a lot of recipes with us in future too…:)
Chicken 1 kg cut into 16 pieces
Oil 1 cup
Whole black pepper 8-10
Onion 2 medium
Ginger garlic paste 1-2 Tbsp
Green chilli finally chopped 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Crushed white pepper 1 tsp
yogurt 1 cup
Almond 10 to 12
Poppy seeds (khashkhash) 2Tbsp
Nutmeg,mace powder 1/2 tsp
Green cardamom powder 1/2 tsp
Milk 1 cup
Dhania/coriander powder 1 Tbsp
Garam masala/all spice powder 1 Tbsp
Julian ginger and green chilli for garnish
1. Peal onion and steam in little water, cool and blend it.
2. Make a paste of almond and poppy seeds, I personally like to add 2 tbsp of dessicated coconut in it if u want u can do this too, authentic recipe does not require it.
3. Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan and add 8 to 10 whole black pepper and loung 4-5 when they pop add onion to it, fry on low heat till oil separates.
4. Add ginger garlic paste and fry for 2 to 3 minutes
5. Now add chicken pieces and fry till the chicken changes its colour , add salt, white pepper, green pepper and dhania powder and fry till it seperates oil now add dahi and cover with the lid and let it cook till the chicken is tender
6. Now add almond and poppyseed paste to it ,stirr tio mix and add nutmeg mace powder and green cardmom powder, cover and keep it on low flame for 5 minutes.
7. At the end if u wish to make it rich add half packet tetrapak cream.
8. Dishout and garnish it with ginger and green chilli julians.
9. Serve it with roghani or plain nan.