- Plain flour 2 cups
- Castor sugar 1 and 1/2 cup
- Butter 100 g OR 1/2 cup
- Eggs 2
- Vanilla essence 1 tsp
- Butter milk 1 cup
- Baking soda 1 tsp level
- Baking powder 1 tsp level
- Cocoa powder 3 tbsp.
- Hot water 1 tbsp.
- Coffee granules 1 tbsp
- Walnuts 1/2 cup
- Chocolate chips 1/2 cup
- Grease pan and preheat oven at 150c.
- Add 1 tsp vinegar in 1 cup milk and stir, set aside. This is butter milk.
- In a large bowl add butter and sugar, beat till creamy.
- Add eggs one by one. Beat well till fluffy.
- Mix all dry ingredients and sieve.
- Add Vanilla essence in egg mixture and beat.
- Add half dry ingredients and half butter milk, beat well.
- Add remaining half of flour mixture and milk.
- Mix coffee granules in hot water and dissolve. Add in cake batter. Mix well.
- Mix chopped walnuts in it and half chocolate chips. Mix well and pour in pan.
- Spread remaining walnuts and chips on batter and bake at 180c.
- Let them cool completely and spread any topping or serve as it is.