When I saw this recipe first time, I became very much impressed with this idea , I was not sure that it will come up in a good shape or not but I never hesitate to try . When I tasted it , found a different taste and softness of cake which was awesome . From this experience i have learnt more techniques and made alot of different poke cakes.
INGREDIENTS FOR CAKE:
flour 1 cup
cooking chocolate 4 oz chopped
white butter /butter 1 cup
brown sugar 2 cups
backing powder 1/2 tsp
HOW TO MAKE CAKE…
- First cream ,butter and sugar then add eggs beat till fluffy now add sifted flour and backing powder in eggs mix well.
- Add melted chocolate ,mix and pour in backing pan …bake for 25 mins at 180c.
- When done take it out and place on cake rack ..let it cool completely.
INGREDIENTS FOR TOPPING:
vanilla pudding 1 packet
cooking chocolate 1 cup (melted)
whipping cream 1 packet
chocolate shaves for garnishing
- Make pudding as directed on the box then let it cool for few mins ,now with any round handle or clean pencil make holes in the cake keep 1 inch distance between all .
- Pour pudding mixture on the cake. Make sure it will go in the holes also …..now keep it in refrigerator till pudding set .
- Now spread cream on top and garnish with chocolate. I spread melted chocolate first on cake then cream then garnish with chocolate shaves.