Many Muslims in various countries pray on the 15th night of Shabaan, and ask for forgiveness of their sins and on the following day proceed to fast.
Imam Ibn Majah states:
It is narrated by Ali (Radi allahu unho) that the Prophet [May Allah bless Him and grant Him peace] stated; “ when it is the 15th night of Shabaan, do Qiyaam in the night, and fast in the morning, and ask for forgiveness. Because on that night Allah calls: ‘Is there anyone who is asking for forgiveness so that I can forgive them, who is in distress that I may relieve his distress, is there anyone who needs (rizq) food that I may give it to him.’ And this continues till the morning.” [Ibn Majah chapter Salaah]
Imam Tirmidhi writes:
Aisha Radi Allahu unha said: “On this night the Prophet [May Allah bless Him and grant Him peace] went to Jannat-ul-Baqee to make du’a, I followed him. The Prophet [May Allah bless Him and grant Him peace] said to me: Allah puts His attention towards the first Heaven, and forgives the sins of the people, even if they were equivalent to the hairs of the goats of Bunn Qalb. (A tribe who at the time had a lot of goats)
[ Tirmidhi , Kitab-us-Siyaam]
(INFORMATION FROM GOOGLE)
In our country people makes Halwas or any sweet dish for distribution amongst relatives, neighbors and poor. I saw my mother making 2-3 types of HaLWAS on this special occasion.
Here is my mother’s “SUJI KA KUSHK HALWA/ QATLIAN OR SEMOLINA DRY SWEET” recipe.
|Semolina/ suji||2 cups|
- First make sugar syrup/sheera . In a pan add ghee and cardamom seeds, let them crackle and then add sugar.Pour water carefully and keep on stirring on low flame.
- In another heavy bottom pan roast semolina till nice golden color appear.Grease any tray to pour Halwa in it.
- Now this step you need to perform quickly.Add suji in syrup and keep on stirring till become thick.
- Spread halwa on tray and level the surface, sprinkle nuts.
- After 5 minutes with pizza cutter cut shapes of your choice.
- Let it col down completely.
I wish I saw this earlier! Would’ve loved to make it for the 15th!