Very famous snack of Pakistan, usually people make these tikkian on special occasions. You can store them in air tight container for a week. Here in Punjab region villagers distribute these on child birth or on marriages. They named it Gogi/Pakwan.
For recipe of GOGI click tis link: GOGI/ PAKWAN.
This picture is of a stall from where villagers buy all desi type of bakery items and sweets. You can see colorful sweets too along with Naan khatai, Shakarpare, Namak pare ,etc.
|Plain flour/ maida||2 cup|
|Semolina/ Suji||1 cup|
|Icing sugar||1 cup|
|Ghee (melted)||3 tbsp|
- Mix all ingredients and knead with milk or water.
- Set a side for few minutes.
- Roll the dough and cut circles with a round cutter or glass.
- Deep fry them in oil till light golden appear.
- You can sprinkle sesame seed before frying.
- You can add 1/4 cup desiccated coconut than make dough.
can we bake these cookies ??
Yes you can , but should not be thick. Grease the tray and bake one side then turn and bake again till light brown.
How many can make this recipe?
Farah first its depend on size of tikkia, you can easily make 10 from this recipe.
I tried it but i dont know why they were not cooked well i cooked them on low flame they were light golden outside
And uncooked from middle ?? If yes then next time roll the dough thin not too thick.
Can we freeze uncooked tikki
Yes you can just like shami kebab.