Very famous snack of Pakistan, usually people make these tikkian on special occasions. You can store them in air tight container for a week. Here in Punjab region villagers distribute these on child birth or on marriages. They named it Gogi/Pakwan.
For recipe of GOGI click tis link: GOGI/ PAKWAN.
This picture is of a stall from where villagers buy all desi type of bakery items and sweets. You can see colorful sweets too along with Naan khatai, Shakarpare, Namak pare ,etc.
|Plain flour/ maida||2 cup|
|Semolina/ Suji||1 cup|
|Icing sugar||1 cup|
|Ghee (melted)||3 tbsp|
- Mix all ingredients and knead with milk or water.
- Set a side for few minutes.
- Roll the dough and cut circles with a round cutter or glass.
- Deep fry them in oil till light golden appear.
- You can sprinkle sesame seed before frying.
- You can add 1/4 cup desiccated coconut than make dough.