My mother was an innovative and creative home cook. I have very fond memories of the different things she would concoct to feed us.I used to love those as a child.There are so many interesting and delicious meals which I’ve enjoyed, and still make today, simply because they are delicious 🙂
This stuffed pancake recipe is taught by cooking expert Kokab Khuaja. I was a kid when my mother first time tried it and the taste i still can feel. I will write variations here. All are finger licking delicious.
Pancakes are perfect base for so many different fillings. Try with variations. From sweet to savory….you will find them delicious 🙂
STUFFED PANCAKE -1
|1 and 1/2 cup
|1 and 1/2 cup
- Beat eggs and add water.Use whisk and again beat.
- Add flour and mix. Add water till dropping consistency obtained. Now add salt and Chinese salt.
- Leave this for few minutes and then heat up the pan.
- Spray oil in pan or grease it with brush.
- One ladle’s worth of batter is usually enough for perfect pan cake. Move the pan in circular motion your batter will take a perfect shape and cover all corners of pan.
- After five minutes you will see corners will start turning up.
- Turn it with spatula or flat spoon.
- Do not overcook otherwise it will break during filling process.
- Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate it. When you want to make take them out and fill. But for one week you can refrigerate.
- Enjoy this healthy meal with any sauce.
STUFFED PANCAKE -2
|Yellow food color
- Mix all ingredients and with whisk beat them.
- Now batter is ready to cook.
- Make pancakes as i have mentioned above. These are crispy pancakes.
|Mince (Chicken/ beef/ Fish)
|Ginger garlic paste
|Crushed black pepper
|2 cup thinly sliced
|2 thinly cut
- In a pot add mince, salt and ginger garlic paste. Add 1 cup water and cook till water dries. Add crushed black pepper and soya sauce. Mix well.
- Add thinly chopped vegetables and cook on high heat.
- Set a side .
- Now place filling on one side of pancake and roll it, use flour paste to seal edges. I normally use toothpicks to close the edges.
- Fry in oil or you cake bake them also.
- I usually fry them in less oil but you can deep fry them.
- Pancake 1 you can freeze after filling .
- But pancake 2 will crack so use them within 2-3 days time.
- You can take chicken boneless and cook as mentioned above then shred it and add veggies. As i have used..:)
This is a matter of immense pleasure for me that a renowned website KFoods, published STUFFED PANCAKES on their website.