Singaporean Rice is a very famous and popular rice dish in Pakistan.Thou i am not sure these are basically from Singapore or not but in Wedding menus this aromatic rice platter topped with creamy sauce and fried noodles is a hot favorite of all.
This recipe is again of my favorite Chef, Zakir and make my words this is the best recipe around.
|Chicken breast fillets||3-4|
|Garlic cloves||4 nos|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 tbsp|
|Red chili flakes||1 tbsp (adjust according to your taste buds)|
|Cumin seeds||1 tsp|
|Oyster sauce||2 tbsp|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 tbsp|
|Ketchup (optional)||2 tbsp|
|Chilli garlic sauce||2 tbsp|
|White pepper||1/2 tsp|
|Black pepper||1 tsp|
|Corn flour||2 tbsp dissolve in water.|
|Oil||for frying noodles and for cooking.|
- Boil water and add Turmeric or pinch of yellow food color in water. Add noodles and boil till soft.
- Drain noodles add in hot oil fry them.
- Place them on paper towel after frying.
- In a deep pan add water ,add salt, cumin seeds and 2 tbsp oil, boil it and add rice.Boil till done.
- Cut green chillies and garlic cloves longitudinal and fry both in oil, set a side.
- Cut carrot, capsicum and cabbage in cubes.
- In a pan add oil and add ginger garlic paste and stir for few seconds then add chicken cut in cubes, again fry it till color change.
- Add all vegetables and fry on high flame and start adding salt,white pepper, black pepper, oyster sauce, Worcestershire sauce , ketchup, and chili garlic sauce. Stir it and add 1/2 cup chicken stock , add corn flour dissolved in water.
- It will become thick , remove from stove and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix mayonnaise, red chili flakes and water to make a creamy sauce.
- Now in a dish give layer of boiled rice then spread chicken and vegetable gravy on rice.Again give layer of rice and then spread mayo sauce and fried green chillies and garlic.
- Spread noodles and serve.
- A lot of cooking steps involved in this dish. Take my advice and start from frying green chillies and garlic.
- Then boil noodles and fry ,set aside. During frying start boiling rice.
- Cut vegetables. and as soon as your rice done cook chicken gravy.
- Make a Mayo sauce and arrange all the things on counter in front of you.
- Start layering and serve hot….:)
- Singaporean rice does contain a high spice level for kids so be careful during mixing rice with gravy. Or you can cut down spices according to your taste.
This recipe i am sending to:
<a href=”http://cookinwluv.blogspot.com/p/made-with-love-mondays.html” target=”_blank”><img src=”http://farm8.staticflickr.com
This recipe i am sending to Recipe Passion Event
i am impressed with your photography …..simply wow! please let me know the weight of the noodles and chicken aprox. in grams 😉
150 gms chicken boneless and noddles 1 cup you can take,but if you like to add more then increase the quantity of both.Thank you Mahira..i am glad you liked the picture…Actually the colors of vegetables and noodles are vibrant and tempting…isn’t it…:)
This looks so flavorful! Amazing dish!
Yum Yum! A big Yes to this colorful Rice! 🙂 Another perfect dinner you’ve just passed me! 😉
Lolzz Thanks Sadaf, hope you enjoyed it…;)
It looks awesome.. love this bowl of colorful rice.. 🙂
Thank you Tanya….:)
i am obsessed with your lovely mind blowing presentation 🙂
I am really honored, you are always there to boost my spirits up…:)
What a coincidence, I had a vegetarian version of this for lunch just now. It’s one of my favourite quick-fix rice recipes especially when I have leftovers. Great recipe to share x
Thanks Deena ,i am glad you liked it…:)
Excellent I will def try this out..specially the Singaporian rice always wondered how it made .good job
Thanks Sydel for appreciation..:)
Assalamualaikum sister.I hv tried dis recipy today it was wonderful….thanks to Allah swt that I found ur web page to experiment my kitchen.lots of love and duwa for u and ur family.ramadan kareem.
JazakAllah dear sister i am grateful to you, keep always me in your prayers and be in touch…:)
I have looking for the recipe withfried crispy noodles for so long. Today i accidentally found it and i am so glad about it. Thank you. Your photography is amazing and appetizing too. Good work.
Thank u Mahwash, i am grateful…:)
Hi ainy ur page is awsome n i have tried many recipes loved all.i want to ask regarding singaporian rice that whicj noodles u have used egg noddles or spagetties.thanx in advance
Thanks a lot Subica, I have used simple spaghetti or even boil knorr noodles in yellow color and fry.
good going aAiny good jOBe ALLAH bless u
Thank you Sobia 🙂