This recipe is my basic sponge cake recipe, taught by one of my family friend Bassra Masood and whenever I make this I never forget to pray for her. A very easy and never failed recipe it is.
|Plain flour||1 cup|
|Sugar (grind it)||3/4 cup|
|Baking powder||1 tsp|
|Vegetable oil||1/4 cup|
|Cream for icing||1 packet|
|Icing sugar for icing||to taste|
|Pineapple chunks and juice||as needed|
- Beat eggs till foamy add grind sugar and again beat till creamy , add sieved flour and backing powder in eggs and beat again.
- Measure oil and add in mixture ,now pour milk (2 tbsp) and beat well .
- Pour in a baking pan and bake for 25 minutes at 170c,when baked ,take it out and let it cool completely.
- Now divide in two and either soak with pineapple juice or you can use sugar syrup also ,after spraying again keep in cool place .
- Beat cream with icing sugar till hard ,you can add pineapple essence also.
- On one half spread cream and pineapple chunks then place another half of cake on top and cover with cream from all sides.
- Garnish and keep in cool place.
- If you are using packet cream and its difficult for you to beat ,then pour cream in a steel bowl and keep in freezer for 1/2 hour then beat with electric beater .