Our Eid festivals are incomplete without Sher Khurma, this is a rich dessert made from Vermicelli and dry dates. My Mother was an expert in Sher Khurma making. Now I also am following her recipe.
|Vermicelli||1 cup broken in small pieces|
|Milk||1 -1/2 lit|
|Ghee/ butter||2 tbsp|
|Qalaqand/ burfi/ condensed milk||1/2 cup|
|Almond and pistachio||1/2 cup|
|Coconut ,grated||3/4 cup|
|Dry dates||as needed|
- In a pot add ghee and cardamom, let it crackle then add vermicelli.
- Fry for few seconds. Add milk and sugar. Now leave it on low flame. Keep on stirring.
- Milk will reduce in quantity then add condensed milk or qalaqnd. If you are using qalaqnd or condensed milk then adjust sugar according to your taste.
- Soak almonds and pistachio n hot water and remove skin. Chop them fine.
- Grate coconut with grater. ( do not use desiccated coconut , it will not give a required taste)
- Add coconut and raisins in the end and mix well.
- Sher should not be very thick or runny.
- Soak dry dates in milk overnight.
- Garnish with nuts and serve with soaked dates.
This recipe I am sending in Eid Party arranged by my three friends .You can visit all three of them for more party recipes.
Sounds wonderful! Eid Mubarak Ainy x
To u too 🙂
Without Sheer Khorma, it feels like something is missing on Eid. It’s a must in our home! Yours looks great. Thank you for participating in Eid Eats and Eid Mubarak to you and your family!
Oh yes Asiya and thanks dear 🙂
Oh Ainy, you have shared the Queen of Eid Foodfare! No Eid is complete without a bowl of Sheer! In fact, I am enjoying a warm bowlful as I write this 🙂
Eid Mubarak to you and your family! And thank you for participating in Eid Eats! 🙂
You are absolutely right Heena.Thanks a lot dear.
such a perfect contribution Ainy!
ty Sara 🙂