A desi style Bread pudding which is basically originated from Hyderabadi Cuisine. This recipe my mother learned from a Hyderabadi family and I saw her making this delicious dessert in special occasions and parties.
|Bread slices (cut in triangles)||12 triangles|
|Khoya/ qalaqnd/ barfi/ condensed milk||1 cup or as needed|
|Oil/ ghee||for frying|
- In a pot add milk, cardamom and sugar. Cook on low flame.
- Cut the edges of bread slices and fry in ghee/oil.
- Fry on low flame till light golden color appear. Place on paper towel. Set aside.
- Keep on stirring milk till become thick. Now add Khoya/qalaqand/ barfi/ condensed milk (be careful about sugar if you are adding burfi or condensed milk) and mix till well dissolved.
- Now arrange slices in a tray and pour milk sauce on it.
- Garnish with nuts and silver paper.
YOU CAN FOLLOW THIS METHOD TOO:
- Cook milk and cardamom in a pot till thick then add khoya. Set aside.
- Fry bread slices in oil/ghee and drain oil on paper towel.
- Now make sugar syrup by adding 1-1/2 cup water and 1 cup sugar. Let sugar dissolve completely and reach to sinle strin consistency.
- Now dip slices in sugar syrup and arrange in a dish. Pour Milk sauce on slices and garnish with nuts. (milk sauce should be thick like rabri or you can spread rabri too)
- Remove skin of almonds and roast them in oil and then garnish on shahi tukra.