This traditional recipe of raw mango pickle/ Keri ka achar is a gift for me from my Maid Saima, Yes under her supervision i made this pickle and believe me this recipe is super easy and all those who are new in this cooking field must try this recipe without fear..:)
This Pickle is a popular condiment normally serves with Dal Chawal, Parathas etc.
|Raw mangoes/ Keri||5-6 medium size|
|Turmeric powder||1 tbsp heaped|
|Red chilli flakes||1 tbsp|
|Red chilli powder||1/2 tbsp|
|Fenugreek seeds/ methi dana||1 tbsp|
|Fennel seed/ Saunf||2 tbsp|
|Nigella seeds/ kalonji||1- 1/2 tbsp|
|Mustard seeds/ rai dana (optional)||1 tbsp|
|Mustard oil||as needed|
- Wash raw mangoes and then dry them properly.
- Cut them in small pieces and remove the seed.
- Toss them with turmeric powder evenly and place these pieces in a clay pot ( it will give a different aroma to your pickle).
- Now keep them in sunlight for a day or 2.
- Now add all pickle spices in mangoes and toss them, again cover with muslin cloth and keep in sunlight for 2 days.
- Pour mustard oil in it and store in sterilize jars.
- She gave me a tip that after making pickle keep on shaking the bottle daily for a week. All spices will mix properly.
- You can coarsely ground pickle spices , its up to you..:)