My mother adapted this method when Zubaida Tariq aunty made this a long ago, This is a very easy way of making halwa, you can say jhat pat halwa making. I have garnished this halwa with boiled egg because few of my friends from Lahore posted pictures of halwa in which they used boiled egg as a garnish , when i asked them about the taste and logic of this garnish they told me that in Lahore this is a famous garnish. I then decided to check the taste myself 🙂 Truly i loved the combination of both.
|1 cup or to taste
|1 and 1/2 cup
- Grate carrots and cook them in a pot till water evaporates.
- Now add ghee and cardamom in carrots. Mix well.
- Add sugar and start stirring on medium flame. Add half milk powder and stir till ghee separates.
- Now sprinkle remaining milk powder and cover with the lid.
- Milk powder will absorb steam and appear like khoya.
- Mix and garnish with nuts and boiled eggs.