Plum is very low in saturated fat, cholesterol and sodium. It is also a good source of dietary fibre, Vitamin A, Vitamin C and K. These delicious succulent fruits are quite low in calories. Each 100 grams contain 46 calories and contains no saturated fats. It even contains several health promoting compounds, minerals and vitamins.
On the other hand Tamarind juice give relief from malaria as well as skin inflammations. Along with being a wonderful blood purifier, the concentrate can also aid in lowering the cholesterol levels, thereby preventing various cardiovascular diseases. A decoction made from this concentrate is a proven remedy for sore throat. It is also a grandma’s remedy for curing stomach worm trouble in children.
Combination of these two is very refreshing and a perfect cooler in summers.This is a very famous summer drink in Pakistan.
|Dried plum||1 cup|
|Dried tamarind||1 cup|
|Sugar||1/2 cup or to taste|
|Water||2 cups to soak .|
- Soak tamarind and plum over night in one cup of water.
- Next day remove seeds and mash with hand.
- Cook in a pot with sugar and salt .
- Let it cook till sugar dissolve , remove from stove and let it cool.
- Strain from a sieve and now add ice cubes in juice and serve chill.