A versatile recipe for me in a sense that you can make these tarts from both pizza dough or puff pastry even make it from a pie dough.Filling i have used of chicken but you can use mince filling too.
|Butter chilled ,cut in small cubes||10 oz|
|Water chilled for kneading||2/3 cup|
|Mixed herbs||1 tbsp|
|Black pepper||1 tbsp|
|Pizza sauce||as needed|
|Mozzarella cheese||as needed|
|Capsicum, onion mushroom||as needed|
DOUGH FOR TARTS
- You can use pizza dough, for recipe click this: PIZZA DOUGH.
- If you want to make dough from pie crust method then follow me ..:)
- In a large bowl add flour , salt and chilled butter , mix with hands. Crumbs will form.
- Mix vinegar in water and knead dough with this water.
- Roll it and make 2-3 big flat circles and wrap plastic. Keep in refrigerator for 3-4 hours.
- Now cut squares or circles according to the size of pan.
- Place each cut out in greased pan and spread pizza sauce over it.
- Fill in filling and sprinkle cheese.
- Bake till nice golden.
- Same process you will follow with pizza dough or puff pastry.
- Result of both doughs are awesome..:)
METHOD OF FILLING
- If you are using chicken then in a pan pour oil and saute 1 small chopped onion , add chicken 1 cup , red chilli flakes 1/2 tsp, salt, black pepper 1/2 tbsp. Mix well and cover with the lid till well cooked.In the end add chopped veggies ,if you want to add and mix well.
- If you want to use beef/chicken mince then in oil add mince and fry till color change.Now add salt , mixed herbs and black pepper .
- Cook till water dries and oil separates.
- Filling is ready.
hey aaiiinnnyyyy pizza tartss are so cute :* i am loving them yummy 🙂