This dough recipe is a basic recipe because I use this in different bread making as well. If you learn to make proper dough then you can make a lot of other things with this dough.
- Mix a little sugar into the warm water. Sprinkle yeast on top. Wait for 10 minutes or until it gets all foamy. Pour into a large bowl.
- Add flour, salt, egg, milk powder and oil. Combine and knead for 6-8 minutes until you have a moderately stiff dough that is smooth and elastic (add a bit more flour if you need to).
- Cover and let it rest for 1-2 hours. Lightly grease two 12-inch pizza pans. Divide dough in half.
- Place each half on a pizza pan and pat it with your fingers until it stretches over the whole pan.
- Try to make it thicker around the edges.
- Then spread with pizza sauce and use the toppings of your choice.
- Bake at 18c for 10-20 minutes or longer until bubbly and hot.
- If you don’t want to use all the dough, you can freeze it.
- Take a portion of dough, make a ball, rub olive oil over it and place it in a freezer bag (the oil makes it easier to take out of the bag).
- When you want to make a pizza, take dough out of freezer and allow to thaw before using.