I am a great admirer of my mother’s Chapli Kebabs, she was expert in kebabs making. I have tasted Chapli kebabs in Nowshera, KPK few years ago. Eating Hot Chapli Kebabs with Tandori Naans was an exciting experience for me.Kebabs were indeed sumptuous which was later topped with the typical Qihva…
Here is my Mom’s recipe which is not at all different in taste from Nowshera’s kebabs..
|Beef mince with fat||1 kg|
|Gram flour||2 tbsp|
|Red chili powder||1 tbsp/ to taste|
|Pomegranate seeds/ Anar dana (soak in warm water then grind it)||1 tsp|
|Black pepper crushed||1 tsp|
|Cumin seeds (grind it roughly)||1 tsp|
|Coriander seeds(grind roughly)||1 tsp|
|Whole spice powder/ garam masala||1 tsp|
|Onion (minced)||1 medium|
|Green chillies (minced)||4-5|
- Roast gram flour on flat pan and set aside now take an egg and make scramble egg without using any oil.
- Mix gram flour and egg in mince.Mix well. Grate onion and mix in mince.
- Add all spices and again mix well with your hands.
- Add chopped tomatoes in the mince OR you can put a slice of tomato on top after making kebabs.
- Fry in oil.
- Serve with naans and Raita.
i love to have them with rogni naan yummy
Hi Ainy. Do we have to deep fry them? Will it be okay to pan fry with little oil?
Hello Michelle, yes fry these in oil, its up to you can use less oil. 🙂