This recipe is basically originated from Rawalpindi- Pakistan.This is prepared in a different way and you can serve with Pori/ bathora or rice. Elevate the taste of Pindi chole with onion rings and lemon wedges.You will love this spicy and tangy dish. Recipe is adapted from Chef Arif”s cooking show.
|Green chillies||4 medium size|
|Ginger||1 inch piece|
|Cumin seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Dry mango powder/ amchur powder||1/2 tsp|
|All spice powder||1/2 tsp|
|Black pepper||1/2 tsp|
|Tea bag (just to give brown color to chickpeas)||1-2|
|Bay leaves||1 piece|
- Boil chickpeas with a tea bag, teez path/ bay leaves and salt.If you want dark brown color then add 1 more tea bag. You can make a potli of tea also.
- Grind onion, green chillies and ginger and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add onion paste in it , fry for few minutes and then add cumin powder, gram masala/ all spice powder, dry mango powder, salt and mix well.
- Now add chickpeas in this and mix well.
- Add tomato puree/paste in it ,add little amount of water ,cover with lid and cook till oil separates.In the end add black pepper and fry chickpea masala.
- Garnish with coriander leaves, curry leaves and green chillies.