A precious gift of Panjiri recipe from my mother. I remember after birth of my elder son Ali, she made a big pot full of Panjiri. When i was making this before birth of my younger son, tears were rolling down my eyes. I will miss her ever.
In memory of my parents. by Slidely Slideshow .
I do not want to repeat that painful incident. You can read about her here:
|Suji/ Semolina||1 kg|
|Desi ghee/ clarified butter||1 kg or as needed|
|Sugar||3/4 kg or to taste|
|Char maghaz||20 gms|
|Char gond||10 gms|
|Poppy seeds||10 gms|
|Dessicated coconut/ hand grated||25 gms|
|Dry ginger powder/ sonth||1 tbsp|
- Roast suji without ghee. Set aside. ( you can roast it in ghee as well)
- This is home made ghee with butter fat. Check the recipe of HOME MADE GHEE WITH BUTTER.
- Grind Sugar and set aside.
- Alsi .
- Roast Almonds, pistachio and all other nuts in ghee along with gond, alsi and makhana etc.
- Grind them all except raisins.
- Now in a large pot add all ingredients including sugar and suji. Just cook it up for 5-10 minutes.
- Mix well and store in air tight container. Highly healthy and nutritious thing. Even make in winter and give 2-3 tbsp daily to your family members with milk.