This is Chef Zakir’s recipe but my mother gave a twist to this recipe.In my opinion this is no fail classic recipe. Perfect for Eid ul Adha parties menu…:)
|Mutton/ lamb leg||1, remove large bone
|Salt||to taste or 3-4 tbsp
|Ginger garlic paste||3 tbsp
|Lemon juice ||5-6 tbsp
|Red chili flakes||1 tbsp
|Red chilli powder||1 tbsp
|Chat masala||1 tbsp
|Cumin powder||1 tbsp
|Coriander roasted and crushed seeds||1 tbsp
|All spice powder||1/2 tbsp
|Papaya paste||3 tbsp
- Remove excess fat and wash it, let it dry for few minutes then prick it with knife deeply.
- Rub salt and ginger garlic paste for few minutes on both sides. Again prick.
- In a small bowl add all ingredients and mix well.
- Apply on both sides of leg.
- Cover with cling sheet and place in fridge over night.
- Next day place in a large pot and pour over all spices and juices. Cover with lid and cook for 20-25 minutes.Do not add extra water.
- Now after 20 minutes you can either bake or fry this leg. Sprinkle chat masala before serving.
- Bake it at 200c for 1 hour. In a greased baking tray place leg and pour remaining sauce over it. Bake.
- Serve with baked potato wedges. Just toss potatoes with salt and pepper and place on greased tray and bake till tender and crispy from outside.
- I have served mixed beans salad and macroni salad with leg roast.Recipes of both salads, i will post in few days.