One of the most famous and popular dish in Pakistan. Specially in Punjab people enjoy Paye in breakfast in every season but I like to make this curry in winter season. Lahori Phaje ke Paye is very famous. I will share copycat recipe of Phaja paya recipe but today i am sharing is my Mother and Mother in law’s recipe, hope you will like it.
|Mutton Paya/ Beef paya||6 ,cleaned properly (if using beef take 3 )|
|Onion||2 large (make paste in 1/4 cup water)|
|Whole spice mix||1 tbsp|
|Red chilli powder||3 tbsp or to taste|
|Turmeric powder||1 tsp|
|Coriander powder||2 tbsp|
|All spice powder||1 tsp|
|Green chillies and coriander leaves||for garnish|
|Ginger garlic paste||2 tbsp|
- Wash trotters with warm water.
- In oil add onion paste and fry till light brown, add ginger garlic paste and stir for 5 minutes. Add whole spices and stir for 5 more minutes.
- Add salt, red chili powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder fry for few minutes by adding 1 tbsp water time to time.
- Now add trotters/ Paya in spices and fry them for few minutes.
- Add water (as required) and cover cooker lid and cook for 1 hour. Check if well cooked and tender then sprinkle all spice powder, green chillies chopped and coriander leaves. Beef paya take more time then mutton.
- Let it simmer for few minutes and serve with Naans or Kulcha.