Mukhadi halwa is a most famous dessert in Punjab region. You can say this is a specialty of Attock district and KPK.I am giving you authentic recipe of Mukhadi which i have learned from a villager.I have selected this dessert for your eid menu because this is a delicious combination with BBq dishes.Try this in BBq parties you will love it.
|Semolina/ Suji/ Rava||3 cups|
|Sugar||2 1/2 cups|
- Soak suji in water , after 1/2 hour drain excess water. (you can soak in milk also but take milk 4 cups)
- In a kadai or pan add ghee and cardamom , let it crackle and add sugar .
- Stir constantly till sugar dissolve and transform into caramel.
- In the beginning you will face difficulty in mixing because sugar will form lumps but after few minutes you will able to handle it easily.
- Leave it on very low flame because it will take 40 -45 minutes to cook perfectly. So time to time just stir it.
- When ghee separates add nuts and serve hot.
- You will feel crunch in the halwa , basically this is a key of perfect Mukhadi.