Huh! Childhood memories. I still remember Kondas at my friend Saher’s house, her mother was an expert in making Pooris, tarkari, kheer and Tikkiyan. Tikkiyan I always love to eat. Here is the recipe which I have learned from my Relative Nusrat Mati. Recipe is very easy and you can keep dough in freezer or fridge for a week. Even I have experimented by putting tikkiyas in freezer after cutting them in shape and place on a plastic sheet. Freeze. Just thaw before frying.
Watch my Video for clear understanding:
|1/4 cup or 2 tbsp
|1/4 tsp/ pinch
- Add all ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Knead with water or milk.
- Set aside for few minutes.
- Dust flour on surface and roll the dough.
- Cut rounds from cutter or cover of bottle and fry. I cut them in diamond shape. In my video I have demonstrated, so you can check it in video.
- After frying place on paper towel and let it cool.
- Enjoy with tea.