We are very fortunate that in Pakistan we can get fresh vegetables. Peas are famous legume of all, am i right….? Matar pulao is a simple winter recipe. I prefer to make this in my lunch with potato cutlets… I myself love this.
|Rice (rinse n soaked for 20 mins)||2 cups|
|Onion (sliced)||1 large|
|Sabut Garam Masala||1 tbsp|
|Crushed Red Chilli||1.5 tsp|
|Ginger Garlic Paste||1 tsp|
|Ginger Julienne (cut/crushed)||1 tsp|
- Add oil in a pan and fry onions till they are golden brown.
- Now drain half onions and add gingr garlic paste and garam masala and fry them.
- Now add chopped tomatoes, stir until they soften.
- Now add crushed red chilli, salt and peas. Mix all well.
- Now add ginger and add water. Let it boil and then add 3 green chillies and rice.
- Let it cook till its done.
- Before dam sprinkle remaining half golden brown onions
- Serve with raita and enjoy.