Today i am posting a very healthy and delicious dish which is rich in Iron, Protein and Carbohydrates, you can say its a wholesome meal. Rajma Chawal is the specialty of Sialkot (a very famous city of Province Punjab), this dish is taught by a Family friend living in Sialkot. You will like this simple recipe..Try is must..:)
INGREDIENTS FOR MASALA RAJMA/RED BEANS:
|Red beans (soak them overnight)||1 cup|
|Onion||1 medium chopped|
|Tomatoes||1 medium chopped|
|Ginger/garlic powder||1 tsp|
|Red chilli powder||1 tsp|
|Turmeric /haldi powder||1/2 tsp|
|Coriander powder||1/2 tsp|
|Garam masala/ all spice powder||1/2 tsp|
|Green coriander/chillies||as needed|
|Lemon juice||1 tsp|
- In a pan add oil and onion , fry till light brown then add ginger garlic paste and saute for few seconds.
- Now add tomatoes and few drops of water, mix well and add red chilli powder, salt, turmeric powder and coriander powder.
- Fry all spices till oil separates.Add red beans with 3 cups water and cover with lid.
- Let it cook till tender and thick.
- Sprinkle all spice powder ,green coriander, green chillies and lemon juice.
- Let it simmer for 5-10 minutes and serve with Zeera Rice.
INGREDIENTS FOR ZEERA/CUMIN RICE:
|Onion||1 small ,sliced|
- In a pot add oil and sliced onion saute till soft then add cumin seeds and green chillies, fry for few seconds and then add mint leaves and water.
- Add washed rice and salt in it.Let it cook till water absorb now simmer for five minutes and serve hot.