|Mash/ White lentil||1 cup|
|Onion||1 small thinly sliced|
|Garlic mince||1 tbsp|
|Green chilies chopped||3|
|Red chili powder||1 tsp|
|Red chili flakes||1 tsp|
|Turmeric powder||1 tsp|
|Ginger sticks, coriander, green chilies||as needed for garnish|
- Soak Dal/lentil in water for 1 hour. Wash it and boil in water till tender but not very soft.
- Drain water and set aside.
- In a pot add oil and onion, fry it till light brown. Add garlic and stir for few more minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes and green chilies, cook till soft now add all spices and fry by adding 1 tbsp water at a time for five minutes.
- Add boiled lentil in it and add 5-6 tbsp. water in it. Cover with lid and let it simmer on low flame for 10 minutes.
- Now fry on medium flame till oil separates.
- Garnish with ginger sticks , green chilies and coriander leaves.
- Serve with Naan or Chapati and Salad.